Custom Painting Course
Course Dates - Please hover over
Suitable for those people who are interested in airbrushing on vehicles and crash helmets. This course will enable students to be confident with the entire process of producing graphics/artwork on three dimensional non porous surfaces (metal, plastic, GRP) such as cars, bikes or trucks and helmets. On this course we do not teach airbrushing, we teach all the steps needed to produce artwork onto vehicles or crash helmets, we teach some airbrushing tips and tricks but the basics of airbrushing we expect students to know. This course can be added to the One Day Introduction Course, or completed after the Three Day Pure Airbrushing courses.
|• Understanding of different materials and equipment to use inc. water based & solvent based paints. |
• How to set yourself up safely at home to custom paint
• Preparation of surfaces: The materials and processes used to achieve greater adhesion and trouble free success.
• Applying a design to a curved/3 dimensional surface
• Various masking techniques
• Simple methods of effective pinstriping
• Special effects – including marbling/ marbleising
• Applying graphic text with the airbrush
• Methods of lacquering your work
• How to achieve a glass smooth lacquer finish and Polishing
|What is provided?|| |
|• A fibre glass half tank is provided to be taken away by the student |
• All equipment – including paints, primer, lacquer, masking and preparation materials, and various different airbrushes
• Work books containing all notes and exercises for the course.
• Tea or Coffee throughout the day, with biscuits in the morning and cake in the afternoon
• Lunch – range of sandwiches and savouries.
• A certificate of attendance once you have fully completed the course
• An opportunity to purchase airbrushes and equipment at discounted prices. We will supply all students with a discount code for purchases on the day and for any online orders for the next 12 months.